Icelandic tourism has been booming from many years now and the selection of hotels and hostels in Reykjavik is growing very rapidly and thankfully they do cater for all wallets. But if you prefer to stay at a hostel then these 10 are the highest ranking ones in the Icelandic Capital according to the users of Hostelworld.
The top 10 Hostels in Reykjavik
- Laekur Hostel – „Located in a quiet neighborhood by the center of Reykjavík city. Only a few steps away from Laugardalur, the green river valley of the city.“
- Reykjavik Loft Hostel – „Located on Reykjavík’s main shopping street and in 5 minutes walking distance from Hallgrímskirkja, The City Pond and Harpa Concert hall.“
- Reykjavik Downtown Hostel – „It is nestled a stones throw from the lively harbor area, in the heart of downtown Reykjavik, yet in a quiet residential street.“
- Galaxy Pod – „Different kind of hostel. Free parking for travelers with a rental car.“
- KEX hostel – „Probably the most famous hostel among the locals due to the popularity of the bar/restaurant“.
- Hlemmur Square – „They promise upscale dormitory style accommodation in the center of Reykjavik.“
- Oddsson – „Design hostel in Reykjavik-West“
- Bus Hostel – „Low-key environment for the budget-conscious guest.“
- 101 Hostel – „Basic accommodation on Laugavegur, the main shopping street in Reykjavik.“
- The Capital Inn – „They score high on cleanliness.“